Mobile marketing has steadily been growing within the last few years and is expected to double every year for the following 5 years, as more people get smartphones or other wireless mobile devices. Marketing experts predict Mobile Marketing will come to be an $20 billion industry.
If you are still in the Dark Ages, and wondering what Mobile Marketing is; it is a way to engage with those customers who only use wireless devices like smartphones, iPads and tablets to make use of the web. The key word here's "engage" - building relationships with your customers.
Mobile Marketing is also a preferred way of marketing to your customers because they have to give you permission to do so. Including clicking on a hyperlink to opt-in, or downloading an app. Your customer can buy your offer immediately as well as pay it off from his mobile device, giving instant gratification.
One more reason why mobile marketing is preferred, is the demographics: your mobile user's age group comes from 18 to 49 who will often have a degree and a higher paying occupation to become in a position to afford the device.
Other benefits of mobile marketing:
1. It's less expensive than other kinds of advertising, just a normal text message fee.
2. You can reach out to people anywhere - you aren't restricted to your physical area, but to wherever the cell phone is you are attempting to reach.
3. The response rates are greater than with a flyer or classified advertising.
4. The mobile phone is a personal item belonging to only one person. You can therefore target your marketing more specifically that individual or perhaps a group of people like him.
5. The mobile phone has joined the wallet and keys as something you always tote around. Which means that you are able to reach your customer anywhere at any time and they will read your message almost instantly and act on it.
6. You can easily pay from a mobile device as payment processors are built into them.
7. You can track the payments back to the mobile number which means that you may create an account of the customer and his buying preferences.
8. You can accurately appraise the success rate of the advertising due to being able to track sales.
9. The mobile is extremely interactive as your customer can text back with questions should he have any.
10. Wow factor - as mobile marketing is rather new, most customers haven't experienced it yet. This makes both you and your messages stand out.
11. Your customer can certainly share his messages with others, which provides your advertisements the possibility to visit viral.
You owe it to your business to look into mobile marketing like a new tool to promote straight to your target audience.